Burford House is an attractive, Georgian Grade II listed, double fronted town house situated in the heart of a popular Cotswold town. The house offers superb spacious accommodation over four floors with 5 bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, utility, two reception rooms and two cellars. The entire house benefits from 9 foot high ceilings. The garden is enclosed with stone and brick walls, with a brick built shed and covered passageway from the front. Constructed in stone with a stucco grooved ashlar frontage. The house is enclosed within metal railings with gates leading to an open porch. Burford House was built in 1792 and has been modernised to a high standard without changing the originality of the building. Mains water, drainage, gas and electricity are all connected. The property has gas central heating to radiators.
Highworth is the original, historic market town and remains the highest town in Wiltshire, on the edge of the internationally renowned Cotswolds area. Highworth provides a wealth of amenities including schools, a doctors' surgery, chemist, dentist and butchers along with many restaurants, pubs and shops, including the Coop supermarket, and a Saturday market in the town square. The local, Halo leisure centre has a covered swimming pool with the football, cricket, tennis, golf and bowls grounds close by. Wrag Barn golf club is also easily available. Highworth town is conveniently located with good road communications via the A420 to Oxford (26 miles) as well as the A419 to the M4 (19 miles) and M5 (33miles). Train links are available 4 miles away via Swindon to all mainline stations including London Paddington (within an hour).
- Oakhurst Community Primary School (5.41 mi)1 reviews
- 1 reviews
- Sutton Benger Ce Aided Primary School (17.87 mi)1 reviews